Susquehanna Morning

Susquehanna Morning

Monday, February 19, 2018

Lent 4: Flu



I'm going to say today is the worst day of the flu, in hopes that my determination will make it so. Yesterday I knew I was sick enough to get myself to the walk-in, and to recognize the need to excuse myself from my work responsibilities. 

Today has been worse.

This means my attention span, while long enough to finish some things for work before really stepping away, is not long enough to write the next post about my Greenfire experience. I'll hope for that to be possible tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I am grateful for the following:

  • health insurance that leaves only a small copay for the flu meds;
  • over-the-counter pain and fever-reducers;
  • great colleagues and friends at church who step into the breach and encourage me to take the time I need to feel better;
  • people in my life who love me enough to brave the Flu Zone in order to bring me groceries or to share a meal while watching "How to Get Away With Murder" with me;
  • the daily lectionary, which always offers perspective when I'm feeling sorry for myself.
This evening's psalm is 121: 

I lift up my eyes to the hills--
     from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord
     who made heaven and earth.
God will not let your foot be moved;
     the One who keeps you will not slumber.
The One who keeps Israel
     will neither slumber nor sleep.

~Psalm 121:1-4

A peaceful evening to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment